Film Daily is looking for an online news content writer trainee to join our entertainment-focused newsroom. This person will learn how to become a content writer for a busy online platform.
The content writer trainee works alongside the editorial team and learns how to write, administrate, publish, and promote content. They also learn SEO, how to spot trending topics, and how to adjust style across a number of publications.
After the successful completion of three months of training, the Content Writer Trainee has all the skills to apply for a role at Film Daily or another publication.
Please note: you do not need a college degree to apply for this role. We’ll train you on the job. You do need writing skills and a love for grammar and the written word.
Film Daily keeps you entertained about entertainment.
Who you are
- Are you a film & TV obsessive?
- Are you a high achiever? Do you have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results (in your last role, at University, on your personal projects)?
- Do you understand the way the film & TV industries works?
- Do you know how to use web searches to learn new skills?
- Are you a dedicated lifelong learner?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Are you willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results?
- Are you able to prioritize your workload?
- Do you think change in Hollywood is long overdue?
- The content writer trainee receives a monthly stipend + bonuses.
- After passing competence tests (within the first 3 months), the content writer trainee’s wages go up to $10 per hour.
- After 4 months, the content writer trainee’s pay rate goes to $12-$15 per hour.
We can only accept applications if you’re legally able to work in the following geographic areas: USA, Mexico, or Canada.
You’ll learn to:
- Work to deadlines
- Review trending news
- Write sponsored content
- Work in WordPress admin
- Pitch films & TV coverage to editor-in-chief
- Request screeners from partners
- Find trending topics
- Use SEO keywords to write content that people want to read
- Create consistently viral content
- Work in a busy editorial team
- Set & execute deadlines
- Spot a trending news story
- Produce & distribute newsletters
- Work with partners & stakeholders
- Analyze metrics & data
- Promote content and drive users to our website
- Plan an editorial calendar
- Fact-check, proofread, and edit copy
- Get familiar with advertising arbitrage
- Request interviews from celebrities & VIPs
- Manage a celebrity/VIP interview
Ideal candidate must possess
- Writing skills with a portfolio to back it up
- Understanding of how the online magazine business works
- Understanding of social media
- Love for film & TV
- Stoic, can-do attitude
- Clear understanding of journalistic ethics & legal principles
- Great attention to detail
- Love of the internet & technology
- Great sense of humor
Apply using the form below. Anyone applying without these items will be automatically disqualified.