2021 Gibraltar Open Snooker Live Free Stream Online Reddit
Gibraltar Open Snooker 2021 is streaming live for snooker supporters. Fans can watch the snooker tournament with tablets & smartphones with streaming video and audio. Stream feeds are provided in our listing from the highest quality snooker stream sites.
Click To Watch Gibraltar Open Snooker 2021 Live Free
Gibraltar Open was the final snooker tournament before lockdown forced the suspension of the season and, ultimately, the postponement of the World Championship.
One year on and the event will take place in Milton Keynes, as almost everything has since Ronnie O’Sullivan went on to win that world title at the Crucible last summer.
Last year’s final produced a thrilling conclusion as Judd Trump got the better of Kyren Wilson 4-3, following up his earlier success in the Players Championship.
How to Watch Gibraltar Open Snooker 2021: Event details
- When: March 1-7
- Where: Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes
- TV coverage: Eurosport
- Defending champion: Judd Trump
How to Watch Gibraltar Open Snooker 2021 live stream Online
Ranking event action continues with the 2021 Gibraltar Open and a live stream of multiple matches available to watch online.
The sixth staging of the Gibraltar Open sees 128 players competing behind closed doors for £250,000 in prize money.
It is the twelfth ranking event of the season and the sixth and final event in the European Series.
- Judd Trump is the defending champion after he narrowly defeated rival Kyren Wilson 4-3 in last year’s final in Gibraltar.
- The world number one heads a high quality field which also includes UK Champion Neil Robertson, three-time World Champion Mark Selby, Ding Junhui and Mark Allen.
- Seven-time World Champion Stephen Hendry will make his long-awaited competitive comeback in the Gibraltar Open after coming out of retirement.
- Newly-crowned Welsh Open champion John Higgins and the man he defeated in last Sunday’s final – Ronnie O’Sullivan – have both withdrawn from the Gibraltar Open.
2021 Gibraltar Open snooker Rankings Races
The final leg of six for the European Series that is sponsored by BetVictor, Trump and Mark Selby appear set to share a direct battle for the £150,000 bonus.
There is only £6,500 between the English pair, with reigning European Series champion Trump boasting the narrow advantage after the first five tournaments.
As the prize money for the Gibraltar Open is relatively low, Selby will need to go all the way to the final and better Trump’s showing if he is to successfully usurp the 31 year-old.
Last month’s Welsh Open winner Jordan Brown also has a chance to top the standings, but the Northern Irishman must win the event and hope that the other two fail to reach the final.
- Meanwhile, the Gibraltar Open is the second-last counting event ahead of the eight-man Tour Championship.
- The one-year rankings are used to determine that particular line-up, with Brown and Zhou Yuelong among those within striking distance of eight-placed Barry Hawkins.
- Finally, the scrap to secure a spot in the top 16 of the official two-year world rankings in time for the upcoming World Snooker Championship is in its home stretch.
- As is the norm, only the top 16 will automatically qualify for the Crucible Theatre, with the remaining players forced to endure the dreaded qualifiers.
- Jack Lisowski currently holds onto the coveted 16th position on the provisional Race to the Crucible list, but there’s not a lot in it between David Gilbert in 14th and Stuart Bingham all the way down in 22nd.
Gibraltar Open Snooker 2021 prize money
Ranking event action continues with the 2021 Gibraltar Open and you can follow the latest results and fixture lists here. The sixth staging of the Gibraltar Open sees 128 players competing behind closed doors for £250,000 in prize money
- Winner: £50,000
- Runner-up: £20,000
- Semi-Final losers: £6,000
- Quarter-Final losers: £5,000
- Last 16 losers: £4,000
- Last 32 losers: £3,000
- Second Round losers: £2,000
- Highest break: £5,000
- Total: £251,000
The 2021 Gibraltar Open Snooker Draw and Format
WST has published the draw and format for the coming 2021 Gibraltar Open. That tournament is actually the last survivor of the PTC era. It’s best of 7 from start to finish, and in a “normal” year it involves amateurs, with the pro stages played over three days.
It will be different this year for obvious reasons. No amateurs other than the top ups and played over seven days on just four tables.
- The draw for the world ranking event has been made, with the top 16 players seeded and all others drawn at random. Hendry’s opponent Selt is ranked 25th in the world and won the Indian Open in 2019
- . That match will take place on Tuesday March 2nd at 7pm, televised live by Eurosport. The event will run from March 1st to 7th in Milton Keynes.
- Seven-time World Champion Hendry retired from the pro circuit in 2012, but last year accepted the offer of an invitational tour card for two seasons.
Final Word About Gibraltar Open Snooker 2021
Seven-time world champion Stephen Hendry is among those in the draw for the Gibraltar Open, which gets under way at the Marshall Arena on Monday.
The Scot will make his highly anticipated comeback to the sport, with the majority of the usual heavy hitters also in action again this week.
The early focus will surround how the Scot manages to perform upon his return, but there is a lot more to be intrigued by in the coming days as well.