Djokovic vs Medvedev Live Stream Free: Watch 2021 Australian Open
Novak Djokovic and Daniil Medvedev were the top two favorites to win the Australian Open before it began. Djokovic vs Medvedev Live stream Free the two left standing for Sunday night’s final.
Click To Watch Djokovic vs Medvedev Live Free
On Sunday night, there’s a good chance the Russian will have the crowd with him rather than against him.
The Aussie fans love an underdog. And generally, they aren’t huge Novak Djokovic fans, which is quite a thing considering he’s won their tournament eight times.
Djokovic vs Medvedev: How to watch Australian Open 2021 men’s final
World No. 1 has been dealing with what he called a tear of the oblique muscle.
A lot of treatment from his own staff and the ATP staff paid off. Djokovic looked more comfortable than he had through the fortnight during his straight-sets win over qualifier Aslan Karatsev.
Australian Open Men’s Final Predictions:
We have at last reached the final match at this year’s Australian Open. This tournament started over a month ago with qualifying, involved hard quarantines for dozens of players, and two full weeks of incredible tennis.
- Naomi Osaka and Jennifer Brady fight for the women’s trophy on Saturday (we also predict that match),
- while Sunday’s men’s final will display Novak Djokovic vs Daniil Medvedev.
- Can the Serbian win his 18th career Major title?
- Or will the Russian win his first?
- Our writers offer our thoughts on the match.
- Predicting this match are myself (Yesh Ginsburg), Fraser Learmonth, Harsh Bhoot, Jim Smith, and Damian Kust.
What is the 2021 Australian Open Djokovic vs Medvedev finals TV schedule?
- Fixture: (1) Novak Djokovic vs (4) Daniil Medvedev
- Date: 21 February 2021
- Tournament: Australian Open 2021
- Round: Final
- Venue: Melbourne, Australia
- Category: Grand Slam
- Surface: Outdoor hardcourt
- Prize money: AUD 80 million
- Match timing: 7.30 pm local time, 2 pm IST
- Live Telecast: USA – Tennis Channel | India – Sony Six | UK – Eurosport Player
Where can I live stream the 2021 Australian Open men’s final online?
Defending champion and top seed Djokovic has never lost in his eight previous finals on Rod Laver Arena, where he has won seven of the last 10 editions.
Victory against Medvedev would move the Serbian to just two behind men’s record-holders Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for Grand Slam titles.
- Medvedev, meanwhile, is into just his second Grand Slam final, having lost to Rafael Nadal in five thrilling sets at the US Open in 2019, but is on a 20-match winning run in singles since November.
- It’s not often a player will have such a close head-to-head record against one of the “Big Three”.
- Medvedev has beaten Djokovic three of the four times they have met since a fourth-round clash at the 2019 Australian Open won by Djokovic in four sets.
- It wasn’t smooth sailing for the No. 1, though.
Preview by the Associated Press
- There is some suggestion that this has been a problematic matchup for Djokovic, and there is undeniably an element of truth in that.
- But the Serbian has still beaten Medvedev more often than Medvedev has beaten him.
- He has also managed to find a way, even when not at his very best, to win every Australian Open final he has played.
- This looks likely to be a long and grueling match, but expect World #1 to be the man lifting the trophy at the end of it.
Prediction: Djokovic in 5
- The final that many expected before the event and one between two competitors who performed at the highest level throughout the fortnight.
- Their rivalry is very even, with Djokovic carrying a slight head-to-head lead after many memorable matches.
- The Serbian’s abdominal injury is no longer an issue, and the semifinal against Aslan Karatsev was the best match he’s played all tournament. However, I don’t think his level is just as amazing as Daniil Medvedev’s.
- This is a second Grand Slam final for the Russian, whose game is now much more polished than two years ago at the US Open.
- He doesn’t look like he’s going to back off when given the chance to clinch that major title and seems very much ready for it.
- With 12 straight wins over the top 10 opposition, Medvedev should add another one in the most important match he’s ever played.
Prediction: Medvedev in 5
What is fuboTV?
FuboTV is a sports-focused, over-the-top internet live TV streaming service that offers more than 100 live streaming channels, like NFL Network, NBA TV, PAC 12 Networks and news, entertainment, and local channels beyond that. It also offers DVR storage space and is designed for people who want to cut the cord, but still don’t want to miss out on their favorite sporting events.
It also has its own fubo Sports Network, featuring original programming and select exclusive live sports events.
- He feared his title defense was at an end after he battled through an injury in a five-set victory against American Taylor Fritz.
- The 33-year-old said in his post-match press conference he suspected a torn abdominal muscle.
- However, he allayed fears over the injury to beat Milos Raonic in the fourth round, before backing up a high-quality performance against Alexander Zverev with a masterclass against Russian qualifier Aslan Karatsev to reach the final.
How much does fuboTV cost?
The service is available in several pricing structures. The cheapest option is the family package at $64.99 and includes 120 channels, 250 hours of DVR space, and can be used on three screens at once.
The fubo Elite package is $79.99 per month and offers more than 170 channels, including Showtime channels, extra sports channels, and extra news and entertainment channels.
Final Word About Djokovic vs Medvedev
Djokovic’s great quality is that it’s incredibly difficult to get the ball past him. Medvedev has similar qualities. Despite his height, he appears to get to everything with relatively little effort. He also has a bigger serve.
The rallies will belong. The games will belong. But until Djokovic is dethroned, you always have to give him the champion’s edge – oblique permitting. Since there’s not much in the winner, the value is in the side props.