‘The Players 2022’ – Where to watch free ‘golf’ Stream?
2022 The Players Championship marks the 10th 2022 event of the 2021-2022 PGA Tour schedule, with the Tour playing the event this year at TPC Sawgrass’ Stadium Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
Watch Here Now Free ‘The Players 2022’ Live Stream
The 2022 Players Championship takes place this Thursday, March 10 through Sunday, March 13 on the Stadium Players Course at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. This year marks the 48th edition of the tournament and the 40th time that the event is being contested at TPC Sawgrass.
This year’s field features 144 players, notables include Patrick Cantlay, Tony Finau, Viktor Hovland, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Hideki Matsuyama, Rory McIlroy, Collin Morikawa, Jon Rahm, Xander Schauffele, Jordan Spieth, Lee Westwood, and the defending champion Justin Thomas.
All four rounds of the tournament will be featured on Golf Channel and NBC Sports. See below for the 2022 Players Championship full schedule with additional information on how to watch. Click here to find out how you can access additional live stream coverage.
2022 The Players Championship TV schedule, times, channels
All times are Eastern
- Thursday, March 10: 12-6 p.m. on Golf Channel
- Friday, March 11: 12-6 p.m. on Golf Channel
- Saturday, March 12: 1-6 p.m. on NBC
- Sunday, March 13: 1-6 p.m. on NBC
How to Watch the 2022 Players Championship at TPC Sagars
Not only is a fully stacked field of the best players from the PGA Tour, but the best in the world is bound to head to TPC Sawgrass for the Tour’s flagship event of the season.
After Bryson DeChambeau withdrew late Sunday, 47 of the world’s top 50 players will take part in the 2022 Players Championship this week, with a $20 million purse up for grabs, with $3.6 million going to the winner.
In addition to golf, Tuesday will feature a military appreciation ceremony, followed by a concert by country music star Kelsea Ballerini. All eyes will be on the World Golf Hall of
Fame ceremony on Wednesday, which highlights the induction of 82-time Tour winner Tiger Woods.
NBC and Golf Channel will broadcast 22 hours of coverage Thursday through Sunday, with PGA Tour Live producing an estimated 167 hours of coverage across four streams for the four-tournament channels.
Here’s what you need to know to watch and hear all the action from the 2022 Players Championship. Eastern all the time.
The PLAYERS Championship golf 2022 Field
It’s routinely and lazily described as the fifth major, so we might as well run with the billing and confirm the quality of the field meeting in Ponte Vedra this week.
It’s a field dominated by the top 100 in the OWGR, with eight former FedExCup champions, and as many prior PLAYERS victors also making the trip.
Defending champion Justin Thomas is amongst them, as are world number one Jon Rahm, former PLAYERS winner McIlroy and major-man Collin Morikawa to name just four.
Scheffler and his Bay Hill combatants – Hovland, Horschel, and co – make the short trip to Sawgrass, while the likes of Dustin Johnson, Xander Schauffele, and Patrick Cantlay will be only too keen to add another big trophy to their collections.
Where to Play Fantasy Golf for THE PLAYERS Championship this Week
It’s been some build-up to this event on the various DFS sites, and finally, we get a chance to savor a diverse and – most importantly – bankroll-boosting slate of contests. Here are two we’re playing this week:
PGA $2.5M Fantasy Golf Millionaire: Well, it would be rude not to. For $25, we can try our luck at taking down the $1 million top prize and win a ticket to DK’s Tournament of Champions series. With the top 40 players all banking at least $1,000, there’s plenty to get excited about here.
PGA $40k Dogleg: We’re big fans of single-entry contests for THE PLAYERS Championship, and the reason for that is simple – a lot of the players that non-informed gamers would assume would play well at Sawgrass often don’t. Let’s make our insight count, with $33 entry offering a shot at the $4,000 bounty.
How to make 2022 Players Championship golf picks
Johnson is backing a huge long shot among his picks who comes in at well over 60-1. This player has come through with a major surprise in a similar situation before, and the expert believes he can do it again. “If he has a great putting week, he will win,” Johnson says. Anyone who backs this underdog at the Players Championship could cash in big.
The Players Championship Past Results
Successive winners of The Players Championship and winning prize
- 2022? $3.6 million
- 2021 – Justin Thomas (USA) $2.7 million
- 2020 – Canceled (due to the new coronavirus) $2.7 million
- 2019 – Raleigh Mc Kiroy (Northern Ireland) $2.25 million
- 2018 – Web Simpson (USA) $1.98 million
- 2017 – Kim Shiu (Korea) $1.89 million
- 2016 – Jason Day (Australia) $1.89 million
- 2015 – Ricky Fowler (USA) $1.8 million
- 2014 – Martin Kaymer (Germany) $1.8 million
- 2013 – Tiger Woods (USA) $1.71 million
- 2012 – Matt Kucher (USA) $1.71 million
- 2011 – Choi Kyung-ju (Korea) $1.71 million
- 2010 – Tim Clark (South Africa) $1.71 million
- 2009 – Henrik Stenson (Sweden) $1.71 million
- 2008 – Year Sergio Garcia (Spain) $1.71 million
- 2007 – Phil Mickelson (USA) $1.62 million
- 2006 – Stephen Ames (Trinidad Tobago) $1.44 million
- 2005 – Fred Funk (USA) $1.44 million
- 2004 – Adam Scott (Australia) $1.44 million
- 2003 – Davis Love III (USA) $1.17 million
- 2002 – Craig Parks (New Zealand) $1.08 million
- 2001 – Tiger Woods (USA) $1.08 million
- 2000 – Hull Sutton (USA) $1.08 million