OSCARs 2021: Ceremony Live Stream, Online Coverage Free TV Show!
Full TV Coverage Tonight Awards Show!! How to Watch the 93rd Academy Awards Live Online. The 2021 Oscars air Sunday, April 25 at 8 p.m. EST there’s been nowhere to go to watch some of Hollywood’s greatest productions.
Click To Watch Oscar Awards 2021 Live Stream Free
Just kidding. Movies are everywhere these days, just not on the big screen, and if you’ve wanted to catch them, they’ve almost all been either on TV, or streaming apps, or both.
So where does this leave the 2021 Academy Awards, an event designed to celebrate the best in big-screen entertainment?
When everything is TV, do we need Oscars? Dean Treml / AFP via Getty Images
Academy Awards 2021 Date and start time
Based on last year’s programming, these are the expected start times:
- US: The Oscars start at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 25.
- UK: The Oscars start at 1 a.m. GMT on Monday, April 26.
- Australia: The Oscars start at 10 a.m. AEST on Monday, April 26.
Short answer: No one. The hostless trend began in 2019 when Kevin Hart stepped down from hosting duties amid criticism of his past insensitive tweets. The 2020 show went without a host and the 2021 show will do the same.
Who are the nominees?
David Fincher’s Mank leads this year’s Oscar nominations with 10. It faces stiff competition in the best picture category from awards darling Nomadland, directed by Chloé Zhao. Both she and Emerald Fennell,
who’s behind the haunting revenge thriller Promising Young Woman, are nominated for best director, making this the first time two women have been nominated in the category in the same year. It’s exciting stuff. Check out the full list of nominations here.
If the show does go without a host, there’ll be a long list of presenters. We’ll update this post once it’s been announced.
Is there a red carpet?
It won’t be the traditional red carpet event with flashy arrivals this year, you’ll be able to watch the red carpet on the ABC site or app from 5:30 p.m. ET, the Academy’s official Twitter from 6:30 p.m. ET, or the E network, available on many live TV streaming services, from 5 p.m. ET.
How to watch the Academy Awards 2021 without cable
The Oscars 2021 will air on ABC in the US. To stream online, there are a couple of options:
- ABC is streaming the live broadcast of the Oscars on the ABC website, but only to specific cities and only after you sign in with a participating pay-TV provider — typically a cable company, satellite provider, or live streaming service.
- Another option is Locast, which streams local broadcasters, including ABC, in certain large US cities, for free. And of course, you could always use an antenna to try to pick up the ABC station in your area (DVR optional).
- If you subscribe to a live TV streaming service that carries ABC in your city, you can use it to watch the Oscars too. AT&T TV, Hulu with Live TV, and YouTube TV all carry ABC in most US cities. All of them offer a seven-day free trial, so you can sign up now and cancel after the ceremony if you want. Note that Sling TV, Fubo TV, AT&T, and Philo don’t carry ABC at all.
Disclosure: CNET may get a share of the revenue from the sale of products featured on this page.
AT&T TV (formerly AT&T TV Now and DirecTV Now)
AT&T TV’s basic, $70-a-month package includes ABC. You can use its channel lookup tool to see if you get a live feed of Fox and the other local networks in your ZIP code.
SEE AT DIRECTV NOW
Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV costs $65 a month and includes ABC, but check to see which live channels Hulu offers in your area.
YouTube TV costs $65 a month and includes ABC. Plugin your ZIP code on its channel lineup page to see what live, local networks are available where you live.
SEE AT YOUTUBE TV
- Australia: While it hasn’t been confirmed yet, we’re expecting the Oscars to air on Seven like last year.
- UK: You can watch the Oscars using a Sky Cinema Pass with Now TV (a seven-day free trial is offered).
Well, don’t worry: the 93rd annual Academy Awards are still going to happen, but it’s going to look and feel quite different from in years past. Here’s a quick primer on everything we know that you need to know about the biggest night in the movies … just writ a bit smaller:
When are the Academy Awards 2021 happening?
The 93rd annual Academy Awards, designed to honor the best films released between Jan. 1, 2020, and Feb. 28, 2021, will take place at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood on April 25.
How can I watch the Academy Awards 2021?
The live show, which will be on ABC starting at 8 p.m. ET, was originally supposed to air on Feb. 28, but the ceremony was postponed due to COVID-19. The show will also be live streamed on the ABC app.
For the first time, part of the show will be held at L.A.’s Union Station, along with its usual venue of The Dolby Theater, but there aren’t a lot of details otherwise.
Thanks to the pandemic restrictions, only nominees, their guests,s, and presenters are being permitted to attend, according to an email from Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president David Rubin, per USA Today.