Screenplay writer? You need to know about the Creative World Awards
The Creative World Awards is holding its 13th annual international screenwriting contest this year, and there is still time to enter the leading source for finding new writing talent in the industry. Known for having the writer’s best interest at heart, the Creative World Awards focus on development and industry promotion for their writers, the kind of exposure that can launch a career.
The best awards for screenplay writers
CWA discovers and advances talented screenwriters across the globe and helps them garner the exposure, development, and recognition needed to propel their careers and projects forward. CWA has built relationships with many of the industry’s most recognized companies, and several past entrants have received options and deals. CWA has firmly established itself worldwide as a leading source for discovering talent in the entertainment industry.
CWA finalists also get first looks from some of the most sought-after companies in the industry, plus brings more than $30,000 in cash & prizes, including a production opportunity for the Grand Prize Winner to extend industry credits.
Prizes that shape your writing career
CWA finalists get first looks from some of the most sought-after companies in the industry. The international screenwriting contest offers more than $30,000 in cash & prizes, including a production opportunity for the Grand Prize Winner to extend industry credits. The grand prize-winning screenplay receives $3,000 cash as well as the opportunity to have their winning script produced into a short film.
CWA, in conjunction with The Moving Image Xchange Productions, will produce a short film version of the script to help generate interest for the feature script. Even better? The short film will then get a guaranteed premiere at the Richmond International Film Festival, giving the writer an official IMDB credit. If CWA or the winner choose to forgo this option, the winner receives an additional $1,000.
Additionally, the grand prize winner receives Final Draft software, Free Entry into the Richmond International Film Festival, an InkTip Script Listing and InkTip Magazine listing, Stage 32, two free pitch sessions, the MIX Writing Course and one-hour private consultation with CWA’s Co-founders.
I’m in. How do I enter?
You may enter your script as an entry only submission into the competition, or entrants are also offered the Judge’s Scorecard and a brief summary of notes for an additional $40. The script analysis (full coverage) is also offered during check out. Note: If entering via the CWA system, you will need to select the ‘entry only’ box if you do not wish to receive the Judge’s scorecard option for the additional $40.
What do you need to have in order to enter?
It’s always helpful to know what you need to have in order to enter, here is what you can expect once entering the online application for the 2019-2020 CWA screenwriting competition:
- Basic info, plus username and password: Enter your basic information, and create a password. If you are entering via FilmFreeway, you will need to create an account with them unless you already have one (free to sign up).
- Writer’s information: Complete your basic online application including writer’s contact info, applicable genre category (s) listed below, logline (2-4 sentence describing your script), and whether you’d like entry only, the judge’s scorecard, or a script analysis with your entry.
- Release form: can be found on each of the submission entry forms via FilmFreeway and Withoutabox.
- Script: Upload your script (Adobe Acrobat PDF preferred. Final Draft, Word accepted, but if you have MovieMagic, please convert to a PDF).
- Entry Fee: After you’ve uploaded the above info and your script, you can pay the entry fee with any major credit card via the secure payment system.
Don’t delay, the deadline for entry is February 12, 2020. To stay on top of all things Creative World Awards, follow them on Facebook.