How to Watch and Free Stream “The Oscars” Ceremony Online?
“The 93rd Oscars 2021”!! air this Sunday, April 25 on ABC. The ceremony will be spread out over two locations this year: Los Angeles Union Station and the Dolby Theater. Watch the Oscars 2021 with Hola VPN. Stream the 93rd Academy Awards from anywhere.
Click To Watch Oscars 2021 Live Stream Free
Like most awards shows, the Oscars 2021 ceremony felt the impact of the pandemic: The Academy delayed the ceremony by two months and extended the eligibility window to accommodate films released in 2020 through to February 2021. Another tweak allowed films that originally had a theatrical release, but which were forced to release straight to digital platforms, to be eligible for Oscars.
Oscars 2021 Date and start time
Based on last year’s programming, these are the expected start times:
US: The Oscars start at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 25.
UK: The Oscars start at 1 a.m. GMT on Monday, April 26.
Australia: The Oscars start at 10 a.m. AEST on Monday, April 26.
Short answer: No one. The hostless trend began in 2019 when Kevin Hart stepped down from hosting duties amid criticism of his past insensitive tweets. The 2020 show went without a host and the 2021 show will do the same.
Who are the nominees?
David Fincher’s Mank leads this year’s Oscar nominations with 10. It faces stiff competition in the best picture category from awards darling Nomadland, directed by Chloé Zhao. Both she and Emerald Fennell, who’s behind the haunting revenge thriller Promising Young Woman, are nominated for best director, making this the first time two women have been nominated in the category in the same year. It’s exciting stuff. Check out the full list of nominations here.
If the show does go without a host, there’ll be a long list of presenters. We’ll update this post once they’ve been announced. Whether or not you’re here to get a glimpse of the best red carpet looks, or you’re eager to see who will take home the biggest award of the evening – Best Picture – we’ve got all the details for catching a 2021 Oscars live stream where you are.
Is there a red carpet?
It won’t be the traditional oscars red carpet event with flashy arrivals this year, but we might see a few interesting face-mask-and-outfit-coordinated combos if the Grammys are anything to go by. Based on last year’s programming, you’ll be able to watch the red carpet on the ABC site or app from 5:30 p.m. ET, the Academy’s official Twitter from 6:30 p.m. ET, or the E network, available on many live TV streaming services, from 5 p.m. ET.
How to watch the Oscars without cable
The Oscars will air on ABC in the US. To stream online, there are a couple of options:
- ABC is streaming the live broadcast of the Oscars on the ABC website, but only to specific cities and only after you sign in with a participating pay TV provider — typically a cable company, satellite provider or livestreaming service.
- Another option is Locast, which streams local broadcasters, including ABC, in certain large US cities, for free. And of course, you could always use an antenna to try to pick up the ABC station in your area (DVR optional).
- If you subscribe to a live TV streaming service that carries ABC in your city, you can use it to watch the Oscars too. AT&T TV, Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV all carry ABC in most US cities. All of them offer a seven-day free trial, so you can sign up now and cancel after the ceremony if you want. Note that Sling TV, Fubo TV, AT&T and Philo don’t carry ABC at all.
AT&T TV (formerly AT&T TV Now and DirecTV Now)
AT&T TV’s basic, $70-a-month package includes ABC. You can use its channel lookup tool to see if you get a live feed of Fox and the other local networks in your ZIP code. Read full review.
Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV costs $65 a month and includes ABC, but check to see which live channels Hulu offers in your area.
YouTube TV costs $65 a month and includes ABC. Plug in your ZIP code on its channel lineup page to see what live, local networks are available where you live.
- Australia: While it hasn’t been confirmed yet, we’re expecting the Oscars to air on Seven like last year.
- UK: You can watch the Oscars using a Sky Cinema Pass with Now TV (a seven-day free trial is offered).
About The Oscars 2021
Taking place this Sunday, the 93rd Academy Awards is within spitting distance – a phrase likely to make anyone cringe considering the 2021 Oscars’ delay this year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Falling in April rather than its usual February slot this year, it’s still promising to be an evening of glitz, glamour, and many a tribute to some of the greatest movies to come out over the course of the last few months.