Contract term: 3 Months – 1 year
Contract Type: Freelance
Location: Our virtual/online office
Requirements: 20 hours weekly
Film Daily is a multimedia platform dedicated to independent film and streaming content. We are looking for the voices of our generation.
We work with amazing, storied clients and new emerging technologies & agencies.
Our work environment is relaxed, but we tell it like it is. We value proficiency and we promote from within. Positions tend to be flexible, with some work-at-home opportunities.
When hiring, we value:
Experience over education
Evidence, data, and metrics over cover letters
Community interactions over references
Film Daily is looking for a Freelance Content Writer to join our busy digital newsroom. Our team is focused on creating unique, shareable content on the themes of film, TV, entertainment, life, and new media.
We’ll train you how to work in a busy newsroom: you’ll learn how to research and write pieces on trending news that leverage SEO and how to format your argument properly, how to source images for your pieces, and how to use WordPress to post articles.
- Film & TV obsessive
- High achiever
- Dedicated lifelong learner
- Looking for a new challenge
- Willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results
- Able to prioritize your workload
- Impressive portfolio of published articles
- Desire to work as a journalist or editor
- Understanding of the way online publications work
- You know A LOT about film and TV
- Words are just about your favorite thing
- You live on the internet
- Authorized to work in the USA or Mexico
Day to day role:
- Researching and writing trending articles
- Sourcing images
- Learning to spot a trending news story
- Creating viral content
- Consistently output news based content within a busy newsroom on a short deadline
- Collaborating with a large online team
- Submitting pitches to an editorial team
- Know how to use keywords to enrich your search volumes
- Know how to attribute sources
Ready to write?
You will be judged on your ability to follow these instructions, so read carefully.
Your writing samples must be perfectly readable, with no cut-off sentences, etc. Do not output your PDF as a print preview if it isn’t perfectly readable. If your samples aren’t readable, that will disqualify you immediately.
Please familiarize yourself with our content at filmdaily.co before submitting.
Our beats: LGBTQ+, films, fandom, streaming, webseries, filmmaking, indie film, indie filmmakers, celebrities, models, actors, film festivals, screenwriting prizes, beauty, tech, wellness, fitness, money, gaming, travel, fashion, lifestyle, 420, true crime, activism, internet culture, quizzes, art, and current affairs.
We will not consider research papers, essays, screenplays, poetry, or blog posts written in 1st person.
You may only apply once on this form – submitting to multiple roles will disqualify you.