Tools You Need to Create a Video Website: Find the Easiest Way
Planning to create a video website in 2020? Great going! Today, every business is taking advantage of video websites to promote their services and products.
One major reason for the same is, people have started consuming video content more than ever. And this trend does not seem to slow down for the next many years.
According to Small Business Trends, an award-winning online publication company, by 2019, worldwide internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic.
According to another study conducted by Digital Information World, 55% of people watch videos online every day. One more study reveals that 78% of people watch videos every week.
These stats and studies indicate that it is a perfect time to create a video website.
Some Interesting Facts and Figures About Video
- According to research conducted by Forrester Research, one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
- More than 55% of people consume video content more attentively than other types of content (HubSpot).
- According to Adelie, more than 51% of videos are played on mobile devices.
- Adding videos on landing pages can boost conversation rate by 80% says Unbounce.
- Around 80% of people find demonstration videos helpful in making buying decisions according to Blue Corona.
What You Need to Create a Video Website Like YouTube
Creating a video website like YouTube is not easy.
1. Design of Your Website
To create a video website, you need a great layout. And there are two options you can proceed with it. Either you can use an already built template or design it from scratch.
It is advisable not to use ready-made solutions if you want to build an effective video website. Because you will need more customizations and that is not possible with ready-made solutions.
You may use any of the following tools to create a website like YouTube.
- Software for web design = Dreamweaver, FrontPage and tools for page development.
- Flash video converter for server-based videos = Adobe Flash Media Interactive Server 3, Flash video player maker.
2. Domain Name
Since a domain name is more than an address, it should help you for better branding and search engine optimization. Choose the one that is easy to remember and a proud representation of your business and you.
Bluehost, Hostinger HostGator, Namecheap, GoDaddy are some of the popular domain name registrars from where you can buy a domain name of any extension.
3. Find a Good Web Host
To create a video website, it is important that you go for hosting solution that is capable to offer you adequate storage space, bandwidth limit. Avoid free and basic shared hosting plans.
The best way to find out the right hosting plan is, create a list of potential providers, compare their features and pricing, and then choose the provider offering most of the features your video website needs in better pricing.
To build a great video website, you should look for the following features in your web hosting provider.
- Reliable storage (SSD or cloud hosting).
- Outstanding network connectivity. You may consider choosing a content delivery network.
- High Bandwidth. Consider choosing a hosting plan that offers unlimited bandwidth.
- Acceptable latency, for example, Real-Time Messaging Protocol for low-latency streaming.
- Security features such as domain restriction, token security, geographical restriction, payment security of viewers, watermarking, etc.
These are the requirements to create a video website from scratch. Now let’s have a look at the pros and cons of building a video website from scratch.
When you choose to create a video website yourself, you get a chance to enhance your web coding skills. Moreover, you get to know about the different latest web designs available in the marketplace. Above everything, you get exactly what you want from your website.
Talking about the cons, web coding takes hours, especially, if you want to create a video website like YouTube, Netflix, etc. Moreover, you need a great knowledge of HTML and other coding languages.
How to Create a Video Website Using WordPress
Undoubtedly, YouTube is helping a lot of businesses when it comes to branding. However, if you have a video-oriented business, it is recommended to set up your own video website. Let’s find out how to do it using this website builder.
Buy Video Craft Theme
It is a premium WP (WordPress) theme that has been designed to make it easier for users to set up their video site easily.
After choosing a domain name and hosting service, you have to install this theme into your WP.
Go to the dashboard of your WordPress, click on Appearance and then Themes. Activate this theme to see it in action.
Once you have activated this theme, your site will turn into a functional video website. Now upload the content and videos to check if your website is functioning properly. This theme allows you to link videos from popular video streaming websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. so you can use them as well.
A video website is a good way to earn a handsome amount of money in 2019. All you need to do is to choose the right way to create a video website. Hopefully, this post will help you build a professional video website.