Save ‘Everything Sucks!’ 60-second fan-fiction contest
This year, Film Daily has been drawing support from fans in an attempt to save some of our fave shows. Thanks to outdated methods of assessing a series’s viewership, some of the best, most innovative shows have gone without justice, struck down in the prime of their lives.
We wanted to shine our spotlight today on Everything Sucks!, Netflix’s coming-of-age comedy drama that could – until it couldn’t after being tragically cancelled after just one season. We believe there are still so many stories left to be told within the walls of Boring High School.
How it works
- You write your concept for an episode of Everything Sucks! in five sentences or less.
- We choose the concept we think would make a great teleplay.
- The writer of the best teleplay concept receives a $100 Amazon gift voucher (to spend on Tori Amos albums, of course).
- Just for fun, we’ll work with a professional screenwriter to punch up your concept as a 15-minute fanfiction teleplay script.
- Contest opens NOW.
- Contest closes June 30th, 2019
- Will Kate and Emaline become a couple?
- Could the gang make a sequel to their home movie?
- What happens when Luke reunites with his father?
- How do their lives play out after graduation?
- Does Oliver make it big as an actor?